2016 is not over yet, but at MG Music they already making plans for 2017. They write: “This is going to be a very special year for MG Music. 2017 celebrates the 30th year anniversary of Medwyn Goodall’s life in music. His first album was released in 1987. Therefore 2017 is to be a celebratory year for Medwyn and MG Music.”
Here are some of the things 2017 will bring on the MG Music label:
- “Echoes of Emegence” – Medwyn is re-recording and developing his first album Emergence.
- Medwyn also hope to produce the long awaited – “The Sorcerer’s Daughter 2”
- Possibly – “The Portal 2 – The other side”
- Two special Radio Shows, 2 hours long each, where Medwyn will take to the airwaves and present this 4 hour walk through his entire career, playing his music, telling stories. The shows will be broadcast live on One World Radio but become available after broadcast as free downloads on the site and on Youtube. Some new podcasts.
There will be competitions, prizes, signed copies, some updated art and features to the website, and some craziness to make it fun. Things should kick off around Feb. of 2017.
Here are some of recent MG Music releases:
Traditional carols wonderfully and beautifully arranged by Midori.
1. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
2. Away in a Manger
3. Ding Dong Merrily on High
4. Silent Night
5. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
6. I saw Three Ships
7. The Holly and the Ivy
8. Good King Wenceslas
52 mins approx
Classic Medwyn! Soaring panpipes, mellow electric guitars, gently rhythmic, always melodic and expressed in his own magical way. An album that is very grounded in his style of his 90’s album, but yet has a freshness and production that is of today. Cheerful, uplifting, celebrating the love for life and the warmth of the sun.
A very organic, natural acoustic sound in the main with few keyboards. Instruments included are – Spanish Guitar, Electric Guitar, Marimba, Flute, Panpipes, Slide Guitar, and Piano.
2. Sinking Sun 7.42
All titles are available on the MG Music homepage. Be sure to check it out!